Privacy and cookie policies here at Source:
At Source Insurance Ltd, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Source Insurance, Floor 2, Wing A, Global Reach, Dunleavy Drive, Cardiff, CF11 0SN
Who are we?
We are Source Insurance Ltd. We help financial intermediaries find the best value insurance for their clients. Source Insurance Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England and Wales no. 2864963 at Floor 2, Wing A, Global Reach, Dunleavy Drive, Cardiff, CF11 0SN.
We process your personal information in order to carry out the legitimate interests of providing quotes for insurance policies, and to provide and administer any insurance policies taken up on your behalf.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you contact us about products and services or if you register to receive regular information from us.
We also obtain information about you when you receive a quote, and if you go on to take out an insurance policy though Source Insurance.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect when you visit our website might include your name, address, email address, IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when.
If you purchase a product from us and pay by credit or debit card, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third-party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions, as explained below.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- Provide quotes for the insurance products you have requested;
- Facilitate the purchase of an insurance policy;
- Administer any payments for any policy purchased through us;
- Carry out our obligations arising from any insurance policy you have purchased;
- Update you with information relevant to your insurance policy;
- Send you letters about adjustments to your policy;
- Invite renewals of your policy;
- Assess whether we can provide you with the loan which has been requested;
- Provide funding for your insurance premiums where you wish to pay by direct debit;
- Collect payments from you to repay the loan which has funded your insurance premium;
- Administer your loan and/or repayments on an ongoing basis;
- Assess whether we can provide further funding in advance of any renewals or adjustments in connection with your insurance policy;
- Seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- Identify and or prevent financial crime, including fraud and identity theft;
- Obtain feedback about the products and services we offer;
- Notify you of changes to our services or to the products available from us;
- Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about campaigns, information about products and promotions of our associated companies goods and services.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our obligations to insurers and regulators. We will hold your personal information on our systems only for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf: We may pass your information to our third party service providers, agents subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example to process payments and send information about your policy to you on our behalf). However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes. Please rest assured that we will not release your information to third parties beyond Source Insurance Limited for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
- Paragon Customer Communications – we use this company to send your insurance documents and renewals to you. They will also send other letters to you, including any adjustment notices and cancellation notices.
- Hyve Ltd, Amazon Web Services Inc. and Microsoft Corporation – we use these companies to keep copies of all personal data provided to us as a back up in the event of our main office suffering a critical failure. It is common practice for companies to maintain a duplicate set of personal data so that it can be easily restored in the event that the main data is corrupted or destroyed by an event outside of the company’s control.
- Gamma Business Communications Limited – This company provides the software that we use to record telephone calls for training and monitoring purposes.
- LiveChat. Inc – This company provides the software for our LiveChat system, which allows you to communicate with us online in real time. The contents of any communications you have with us through this channel are stored for a short amount of time within the EU.
- LexisNexis – We are required, under UK regulations, to carry out an affordability assessment to ensure you can afford any credit used to pay your insurance premium. LexisNexis receive your personal details in order to help us meet this regulatory requirement.
- Bottomline Technologies – This company provides the direct debit collection services which are used to collect your monthly payments.
When you are paying for a policy online, your payment is processed by a third party payment processor, WorldPay (UK) Limited, who specialises in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions. If you have any questions regarding secure transactions, please contact us.
If you pay by direct debit, we work with Barclays Bank plc to provide the funds to pay your insurance premium. As a result, Barclays Bank Plc will routinely carry out audits of our systems, and as part of this process they may receive your personal data.
You have a choice about whether you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us about the products and services which we offer, then you can select your choices by ticking the relevant boxes situated on the form or web page on which we collect your information.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email: email@example.com or telephone on 029 20265281.
How you can access and update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. We’re working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that we hold about you. In the meantime, if you change your email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at: Source Insurance, Floor 2, Wing A, Global Reach, Dunleavy Drive, Cardiff, CF11 0SN. Alternatively, you can telephone 029 20265281.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information Source Insurance Ltd holds about you. Where we have reason to believe a request is excessive (for example, where you make multiple or repeat requests), we may charge a fee to cover our costs in providing this information. We will provide information requested within one month of the request being received.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Any sensitive information (such as credit or debit card details) is encrypted and protected with a minimum of 256 Bit encryption on SSL. When you are on a secure page, a lock icon will appear on the bottom of web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Automated Decision Making and Profiling
Source Insurance offers insurance policies from a range of insurance providers. In order to provide you with quotes, our systems will analyse your personal information to decide whether we can offer you the product(s) you have selected. This decision is made by assessing the information you have provided about yourself against the insurance provider’s criteria. We may also use your personal information to detect and reduce fraud and credit risk.
If you choose to pay for your policy by direct debit, our systems will analyse your personal data to assess your credit worthiness. Assessing your creditworthiness takes into account several factors, including such things as whether you appear on the voters roll and whether you have any county court judgements.
We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you. We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively.
Use of ‘cookies’
The preference to receive cookies automatically is controlled by a preference setting in your web browser. As an option, you can have the browser alert you before accepting cookies and have the option of refusing them. All cookies can also be refused by turning them off in your web browser. However, by refusing cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of our web site.
Collecting Domain Information
Like most commercial web sites, Source Insurance Ltd automatically logs all traffic coming to and from our web site. Part of this data includes the collection of domain information. This data enables us to become more familiar with which customers visit our site, how often they visit, and what sections of the site are most active. Source Insurance Ltd uses this information to make informed decisions on improving the information and navigation of our site.
Source Insurance Ltd may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to our site to other third parties. However, any such disclosure will not include any personally identifiable information from any of our visitors.
Links to other websites
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
Children (16 or Under)
Our websites do not target and are not intended to attract children under the age of 16. Source Insurance Ltd does not knowingly solicit personal information from children under the age of 16 or send them requests for personal information.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in January 2021.